Tuesday 24 April 2012

home...

Taking some ideas from yesterday's workshop 'Food Tales' I made meatballs in tomato sauce for dinner last night.  I used my mum's base recipe and adapted the meal to include other ingredients we had in the fridge and pantry.  This is a warming and hearty dish that I remember eating when I was young and it still continues to be a favourite family meal. 

Dominique Rizzo gave a wonderful tip her family uses when cooking a 'one pot wonder meal'...the meatballs is one meal and the leftover sauce (I made a little extra), is saved and used for another simple meal with pasta for later on in the week.



Another project looming in the background that I have been working on is getting more organised particularly when it comes to planning family meals.  I dug deep in the back of one of those cupboards where all the 'stuff' goes and retrieved an old blackboard that I once used but never could throw away.  So work is underway to re-purpose and re-paint our 'family blackboard menu'.  The only expense was the paint brush and the chalkboard paint that came to well under $20 from our local hardware store.  I have to do some more coats before I hang the board and share some photos. 


I also spent time mending and finalising some fabric projects.  I do love having time at the sewing machine, even if it's just straight stitching.


While running errands, I picked up a parcel from the post office...well not much will be happening for the rest of the afternoon now that I have this lovely book in my hands.    




Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...