Something sweet for Christmas…
My 'something sweet for Christmas' posts will be; simple, something the kids can do or be involved in, an experience for the senses, low cost and can be given as a gift.
Mini Coconut Macaroons
Prep and cooking time: 1 hour
1 egg, separated
1 egg yolk
¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
1⅔ cups (120g) shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F. Grease oven trays.
2. Beat both the egg yolks with the sugar in a small bowl until creamy; stir in coconut.
3. Beat egg white in small bowl with electric mixer until firm peaks form; stir gently into the coconut mixture.
4. Drop heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto oven trays. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 120°/250°F. Bake macaroons a further 15 minutes or until golden brown. Loosen macaroons; cool on trays.