Lovely Beans & Bacon
|Yes am not a food stylist just a regular mummy who grabs any plate she can so that is why you see the eyeball of thomas the tank engine staring at you!|
From: Jamie Oliver, 2010, ‘Jamie’s 30 minute meals’, Penguin: London.
Recipe ‘Super-fast beef hash, jacket potatoes, goddess salad, lovely butter beans and bacon’
4 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
1 x 400g tin butter beans
Red wine vinegar
2 or 3 sprigs of fresh basil
1. Drizzle olive oil into a frying pan on low heat.
2. Finely slice the bacon and add to the pan.
3. Toss occasionally once the bacon is golden.
4. Roughly chop the tomatoes and add them to the bacon.
5. Tip in the butter beans and their juices, and simmer gently to cook the liquid down.
6. Add a little extra virgin olive oil.
7. Add good splash of red wine vinegar, then season.
8. Sprinkle over basil leaves.
9. Serve and enjoy.