McKenzie’s Play Dough
Mix the ingredients in a saucepan, stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until the mixture congeals.
- I never use 1 cup of salt. I have never had a problem with my toddlers eating play dough so I always use less.
- I add the food colouring after I have made the dough. This way I can split the mixture in parts. You do need to wear disposable gloves if you don’t like getting food colouring on your hands. For some reason I never remember to wear gloves.
- Make sure dough is cool before putting in fridge.
- Wrap dough in a medium size freezer bags for easy storage in the fridge.
- I always have red, blue and yellow food colouring in the pantry - these are your basic primary colours. See below for more on colours.
o Blue, yellow, red are the primary colours. You cannot mix colours to make these colours. Some other variations include; Red and yellow = orange; Blue and red = purple; Blue and yellow = green