Wednesday 15 August 2012

playdough


McKenzie’s Play Dough
Ingredients
2 cups plain flour
4 tbs McKenzie’s cream of Tartar
2 tbs cooking oil
1 cup salt
Food colouring
2 cups water

Mix the ingredients in a saucepan, stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until the mixture congeals. 

Tips
  • I never use 1 cup of salt.  I have never had a problem with my toddlers eating play dough so I always use less.
  • I add the food colouring after I have made the dough.  This way I can split the mixture in parts.  You do need to wear disposable gloves if you don’t like getting food colouring on your hands.  For some reason I never remember to wear gloves.  
  •  Make sure dough is cool before putting in fridge.
  • Wrap dough in a medium size freezer bags for easy storage in the fridge.
  • I always have red, blue and yellow food colouring in the pantry - these are your basic primary colours.  See below for more on colours. 
  • Colours …
o   Blue, yellow, red are the primary colours.  You cannot mix colours to make these colours.  Some other variations include; Red and yellow = orange;  Blue and red = purple; Blue and yellow = green




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...