Something sweet for Christmas…
For this project I raided my craft box. Some of the items above are very (very) old and some are new.
- Paper - Amy tangerine (6x6) a recent purchase from 'Spotlight'.
- Wooden pegs - small packet from discount store 'Waynes World'.
- Scissors with edging - discount store 'Waynes World'.
- Tags, string and envelopes (seed packets) - from local newsagent.
- Wooden stamps - (featured above) scavenged through discount bins at craft shows many years ago.
- Other wooden block stamps (featured on advent envelopes) are mostly from 'Stampin up' my friend is a demonstrator. These stamps are quite a few years old now.
- Sparkle emblishments - from discount store 'Crazy Prices'.
- Paper with typography on it - from packet that bought tags, string and envelopes in from newsagent.
- flower press cutter - from discount store 'Crazy Prices'.
- Typography rub ons - from discount store 'Crazy Prices'.
- Date stamp - I have had this for many years but I think I just picked it up from a newsagent.
I bought Amy Tangerine 6x6 paper stack, the seed envelopes, string, tags and pegs recently. The other items I have had for many, many years. I always wash/clean my wooden stamp blocks after use and dry them thoroughly before packing away.
For a project like this you don't need to spend a fortune. There really is a lot to be said about searching in discount stores and just use materials you have around your home; pens, pencils, printables/templates from the internet, magazines, photos, stencils, crayons, glitter, stamps, stickers, paints, watercolours, leaves, sticks, gumnuts, post it notes etc.
Keep it simple and enjoy the process.