This is a great recipe to try.
I.M Downes & Elaine Grant
Page 43, serves 4
1kg chicken breast or chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
1 onion, diced
2 bacon rashers, chopped
3 medium mushrooms, sliced
1 stick celery, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
1 420g can chicken and vegetable soup, cream of chicken soup or chicken and corn soup
2 medium potatoes, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
Freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1. Brush or spray a pan with oil, heat and fry chicken until browned. Remove from pan, drain and place into greased casserole dish.
2. Add vegetables (except potato) and bacon to pan and cook until onion is transparent.
3. Add soup to pan with vegetable mixture and combine well.
4. Add potatoes, parsley, pepper and water, mix well and pour over chicken in the casserole dish.
5. Cover and bake in a moderate oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
6. Serve with rice or noodles.
I think there is a fine art to making food look good in photographs. It tastes better than it probably looks. I just cooked ours in a heavy base saucepan, covered with a lid and let simmer rather than run our oven that uses more electricity. Delicious!