Here's a recipe I've developed that will fill up the little one's while being healthy at the same time. This recipe would make a great morning tea or afternoon snack. You could also add this to your lunchbox as it has no nuts! You might have to omit the mint chocolate if chocolate topping is not allowed at your daycare / kindy /school. Adults will love this slice too.
Choc-Chai Coconut Slice
Ingredients12 medjool dates, seeds removed
2 ¼ cups desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons mixed chai seeds
1 tablespoon pea and rice chocolate protein powder
4 tablespoons coconut cream
Optional Extra - Easy Mint Chocolate Topping100g Lindt Mint Intense dark chocolate (or just regular milk chocolate would taste just as good)
2 tablespoons coconut cream
Extra coconut for topping
Totally Healthy Method (without mint chocolate topping)
1. Place all ingredients into your blender or food processor.
2. Blend until well combined. Be patient. You should have a dough-like consistency.
3. Press the mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper.
4. Place the mixture into the freezer to set, slice and enjoy.
Extra Bit Cheeky Method (with mint chocolate topping)
1. Complete steps 1 to 3 from ‘Healthy Method’.
2. Melt mint chocolate and 2 tablespoons of coconut cream. Stir until smooth.
3. Spread or drizzle melted chocolate onto mixture.
4. Top with extra coconut.
5. Place the mixture into the freezer to set, slice and enjoy.
I think this one has the seal of approval!
Happy school holiday baking.