Sunday 16 March 2014

weekending...first dance lesson

My, we are only three but she knows what she wants.  After numerous requests to go to dance class I finally made the decision that Miss Flutterby could try it out to see if she liked it.  You see, I was once a dance student.  I began when I was 5 and continued dance training while studying at University.  I also taught a few classes for a number of years.  You might be thinking there are many mums out there that would love their daughter to dance.  Don't get me wrong, I loved dancing.  But...I also know the commitment, I know what this all means.  I thought yep, I give her 20 minutes and she'll be out of there.  Boy, was I wrong.  One hour later she emerged having completed the entire class; ballet, tap and jazz. 

Lesson 1 down (above)...she is hooked!  Miss Flutterby couldn't stop smiling.  We will have a few more trial lessons before I commit to purchasing shoes etc. 
Mental note: take more things to entertain a 5 year old and a 22 month old - I am sure the hour seemed like more with comments from Master Flutterbug (5) like, 'Oh this is so booooring...when is she going to finnnnishhhhh''I'm hungry, don't we have anything else to eat?' Brotherly love, don't you just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...