Saturday 19 April 2014

preparing for the easter bunny

For some reason this Easter I have been a bit unorganised (my version of unorganised).  Nevertheless, I have three little ones firmly reminding me that we have to prepare for the Easter Bunny. With little voices trailing behind me we all worked together to make our Easter table.  This afternoon we gathered our baskets and a bit of left over lawn clippings (like I said, unorganised) to make a nice nest for the Easter Bunny. 
 We found and cleaned an old table from home and made room for its place.
 
Some vintage 'scrap' fabric was sourced from the depths of my sewing room which was the perfect size for the table.
Our old wooden tree was decorated with some foam eggs purchased from the Reject Shop.
Other items were gathered from around the house. We found three little wooden birds and some feathers.    

 I raided Miss Flutterby's room for her bunting I made some years ago.
 We also added some drawings on the wall as a backdrop for the table.  
Well, like I said earlier, I was pretty unorganised however we put this together with just things from around the house.  It doesn't really matter if you have some or none of these things.  The joy was in improvising and making the most of what we had.  The joy was in the process, just being together and anticipating tomorrow.
Here's hoping the Easter Bunny finds you.
xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...